|Origin||Croydon, Greater London|
|Labels||Galley Music, Gut|
HistoryUntil late 2010 Tyber performed as The Dualers with his brother Si Cranstoun, who left the band to pursue a solo career. Whilst busking on the streets, most Saturdays, they performed cover versions of the songs they grew up listening to.
The Dualers released their first material in 2004. On 24 October 2004 their debut single "Kiss On The Lips" entered the UK Singles Chart at # 21. In 2005 they released "Truly Madly Deeply" through Gut Records and it gave them their second UK hit single, reaching # 23.
On 11 November 2005, Channel 5 broadcast a news report and an interview with the brothers about their achievements. This was followed a few weeks later by an appearance on Children in Need television programme.
"Don't Go" was released on 12 June 2006 and was their biggest selling single to date, outselling both previous releases, but a proportion of these sales were not counted towards the chart due to a technicality, meaning it charted at # 61. The Dualers debut album, The Melting Pot, was released on 3 July that year.
They have played concerts in large venues such as Croydon's Fairfield Halls, Churchill Theatre in Bromley, Indigo at the O2, Kingsmeadow Stadium in Kingston and the Brentwood Centre in Essex. The British movie, Fool's Gold, starring Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson, featured The Dualers version of "Truly Madly Deeply" and the same year the band headlined the Potsdam Ska Festival in Lindenpark, Germany. In 2009, The Dualers supported Madness at three of their outdoor concerts.
The BandTyber Cranstoun : Lead Vocals
Peter Lee : Guitar
Ian Dunston : Bass
Sinclair Seals : Drums
Lex Cameron : Keyboards
Lenny Edwards : Percussion
Paul Bilson : Trumpet
Dan Faulkner : Saxophone
Bob Dowell : Trombone
- Vintage Versions Volume I - Sandcamel Records
- Vintage Versions Volume II - Galley Music
- The Melting Pot - Galley Music
- Rhymes & Rhythms - Galley Music
- Get Festive Volume 1 - Galley Music
- The Very Best of Vintage Versions - Galley Music
- Upbeat Sounds - Galley Music
- The Cooking Pot - Galley Music
- The Summer of Ska - Live at the Indigo2 July 22ND 2010 (15 Tracks)
- With Respect (10 Tracks)] DVD
- The Dualers - Documentary DVD 2006
- The Dualers - Documentary Reissued DVD 2010
- The Summer of Ska - Live at the Indigo2 July 22ND 2010 (22 Tracks)
Si Cranstoun Solo Albums
- Get Lively - Galley Music
- Skinny Jeans - Galley Music
- Get Festive Vol.1 - Galley Music
- alternative floor fillers - Galley Music
|UK Release:||Title:||UK Singles Chart:|
|October 2004||"Kiss on the Lips"||21|
|November 2005||"Truly Madly Deeply"||23|
|June 2006||"Don't Go"||61|
Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 169. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
You can read about more great Bands and artists on this blog and on my web page, Also look for the Rockhouse Project on facebook, Thank you for reading this blog .
Rate this page
Current average ratings.