Friday 3 April 2015

Overcoming nerves on stage

Hi, I am here again with another item on the agenda , This time it is nerves when performing in front of an audience, When I was a tad younger, I always had nerves before playing to a live audience, Now I have a dear friend who gets really bad nerves when anyone watches him play his guitar, Now , Over the past few years , I have overcome this problem by saying to myself, Sod what folk think of what I am doing , It is me up here on the stage and not them, I remember one guy saying to me , I can play better than you, I just said to him, Well if you are that good, Why are you down there criticising me when you should be out playing yourself while I am up here earning money ?  It soon shut him up, So now I don't care because for every 1 person who don't like you, There is 40 that does, And with that in my mind I don't lose my nerve anymore ! So don't be afraid to perform in front of folk as you are an artist and are well respected by at least someone !


You can read about great Bands/Musicians/Singers/Songwriters/Music and much more on this blog or go to The Rockhouse Music Project Page on facebook.com (please like the page) Thanks for your support and for reading this blog




    pbpaulburns2@gmail.com
    paulburns07@hotmail.co.uk





No comments:

Post a Comment